From last few months I am working with InfoPath forms; especially for web hosted
forms. I needed to create a page to host InfoPath form. Here is a quick tutorial
to do this
- User has required rights to perform this task
- Server is SharePoint 2010 Server.
We need to do few tasks
- Publish InfoPath form.
- Upload and Publish that form on SharePoint Server.
- Create a page to host this InfoPath form.
So let’s get started.
Publish InfoPath form.
1. 2. From various options on right side of page, Select “SharePoint Server” (Publish
form to a SharePoint Library). This will open Publishing Wizard dialog.
1. 3. In Publishing Wizard dialog type URL of SharePoint server where you want to
host this InfoPath form and click Next.
1. 5. Select location where you want to publish your InfoPath form; (Please make
sure that SharePoint admin can access this location) and hit Next.
1. 8. After you click on publish it may take few minutes to update screen, Once
published you will see confirmation screen indicating that publication was successful.
Click on Close to finish “Publishing Wizard”
Upload and Publish that form on SharePoint Server
Now Our InfoPath form is ready for publication on SharePoint server. First we need
to upload InfoPath form on server. For that …
2. 1. Open SharePoint website on web browser and select “Site Settings” from Site
Actions menu. (top left side)
2. 2. a) This will open central Administration screen, From left side list, Select
“General Application Settings.”
2. 2. b) When selected (General Application Settings) you will see list of settings
options on right side, Select “Manage Form Template” from InfoPath Forms Services.
(Assuming InfoPath Forms Services is installed and available)
2. 3. You will see list of available InfoPath forms. On top of the page you will
see link for uploading form template
2. 4. From upload page click on browse and select the file we saved in Step 5 of
first section and click Upload
2. 5. Once form is uploaded you will see confirmation message. By clicking OK you
will be redirected to Template management page where you will see your form on list.
2. 6. Select your form and open options menu (when you move your cursor to right
side of forms name you will see dropdown box click there which will open options
menu) and select “Activate to a Site Collection” option.
Create a page to host this InfoPath form.
Now we have InfoPath form available on SharePoint site; we need to make it accessible
to end user for data entry. First of all (assuming we don’t have one) we need to
create a new page to host InfoPath form.
3. 1. To be able to do this open SharePoint website in web browser and select “New
Page” from Site actions menu. (top left)
3. 5. From list of available types select the InfoPath from you want to add and
click on “Add” button. Once done click OK to save your changes.
3. 7. From Categories select “Forms”, From Web Parts select “InfoPath Form web part”
and click “Add”
3. 10. (optional) By default any InfoPath webpart will appear with header, In some
cases you don’t need header, to remove header expand “Appearance” section and select
“None” from Chrome Type. Which will remove header.
3. 11. Once done Click Apply and your page is ready. You can publish it (after any
other formatting related changes you may want to do)
Happy Coding !!! :)